Ship details:

Queen City (II)

Vessel image

Photo: Unknown

New Nauticapedia Book Just Published!

Volume Four in series

The Nauticapedia List of British Columbia's Floating Heritage Volume Four

Book — British Columbia's Floating Heritage
For more information …

Site News: May 24th, 2018

Databases have been updated and are now holding 53,605 vessel histories (with 4,946 images) and 57,935 mariner biographies (with 3,460 images).

Registry #1 121980 Registry #2 Registry #3
Name 1 1883 Queen City (II) Name 5
Name 2 1906 Queen (V) Name 6
Name 3 1919 Red Fir (II) Name 7
Name 4 Name 8
Year Built 1883 Place Seattle Area WA Country USA
Designer (nk) Measurement (imp) 69.9' x 16.8' x 7.3'
Builder (nk) Measurement (metric)
Hull Wood Displacement
Gross Tonnage 73 Type 1 Tug
Registered Tonnage 41.46 Type 2
Engine 16.66nhp engine Engine Manufacture
Repower Propulsion Screw
Rebuilds Call Sign
Pendant  # Masters
In 1883 she was owned by Captain Scotland, Sattle WA USA. In 1887 she was owned by Stetson & Post and Captain Russell, Seattle WA USA. In 1905 she was owned by Greer Coyle, Vancouver BC. In 1906 she was owned by J.H. Green, Victoria BC. In 1910 she was owned by Queen City Trading & Transportation Co. Ltd., Victoria BC. In 1916 she was owned by Captain Lincoln Rogers, Vancouver Dredging & Salvage Co., Vancouver BC. In 1919-1927 she was owned by Charles Bruce, Victoria BC (and he sold a half interest to John Isbester, Victoria BC).
Fate Wrecked Date 1927-00-00
Named Features
Significance of Name
In 1899 she brought the survivors of the wrecked Peruvian bark Libertad to Victoria BC. Charles Bruce was the Chief Engineer - and he sold a half interest to John Isbester, Victoria BC. On April 11, 1928 she sank after striking a rock, while both owners were aboard, at Cracroft Island, Lewis Channel BC.
Transportation Safety Board of Canada (1993); Photo Courtesy of Nauticapedia Collection; Rogers, A.C. (Jr.) Shipwreck Chart No. 2; List of Shipping Casualties Resulting in Total Loss in British Columbia and Coastal Waters Since 1897 (undated manuscript document);
Last update

© 2002-2018