Ship details:


Vessel image

Photo: Unknown

New Nauticapedia Book Just Published!

Volume Four in series

The Nauticapedia List of British Columbia's Floating Heritage Volume Four

Book — British Columbia's Floating Heritage
For more information …

Site News: January 27th, 2018

Databases have been updated and are now holding 51,775 vessel histories (with 4,812 images) and 57,751 mariner biographies (with 3,552 images).

Registry #1 224839 (US) Registry #2 Canadian Register Registry #3
Name 1 1925 Crosline Name 5
Name 2 Name 6
Name 3 Name 7
Name 4 Name 8
Year Built 1925 Place Seattle Area WA Country USA
Designer (nk) Measurement (imp) 143' x 48' x 10.6'
Builder Marine Construction Company Measurement (metric)
Hull Wood Displacement
Gross Tonnage Type 1 Ferry, Passenger
Registered Tonnage Type 2
Engine Diesel Electric (DC) engine Engine Manufacture
Repower Cooper-Bessener diesel engines (1947) Propulsion Screw
Rebuilds In 1947 she was rebuilt by Lake Union Drydock Company. Call Sign WH7219
Pendant  # Masters
In 1925 she was owned by Crosby Direct Line Ferry Line (Captain Harry W. Crosby), Bremerton WA USA. She was in direct service between Manchester and Alki Point, on the Seattle side of Puget Sound. In 1926 the Crosby Direct Line Ferry Line merged with Puget Sound Navigation Co. In 1941 she was moved to the Fauntleroy to Vashon Island to Harpwer Route. In 1942 she was sold to Wartime Merchant Shipping Ltd. for ferrying shipyard workers and in 1942 she was leased to North Vancouver City Council for use as a Vancouver harbour ferry. In 1947 she was sold to Washington State Ferries, Seattle WA on the Tacoma Narrows run. In 1949-1952 she was back on the Fauntleroy to Vashon Island run. In 1952 to 1961 she was on the Hood Canal. In 1961-1967 she was a backup ferry. In 1967 she was owned by Howard Risdon who moored her in Lake Union as a warehouse. In 1975 she was sold to the Port of Coos Bay Oregon to be used as a restaurant. The venture fell through, and instead she was sold to Emery Hanson of Charleston OR USA who removed her superstructure to become a shore-based warehouse. Her hull was eventually disassembled, the the remaining timbers and planks of the Crosline became part of a fishing boat and a dock.
Fate Registry closed Date
Named Features
Significance of Name
She was broken up about 1977.
References; Patricia Lander (2002);
Last update

© 2002-2018