Pacific Nautical Heritage...
- Gallery of Light and Buoy Images
- Gallery of Mariners
- Gallery of Ship Images
- Gallery of Ship Wrecks
- Gallery of Monuments and Statues
- Gallery of Nautical Images
- Gallery of Freshwater Images
- Gallery of New Books
Canadian Naval Topics…
- British Columbia Heritage
- Arctic and Northern Nautical Heritage
- Western Canada Boat and Ship Builders
- Gallery of Arctic Images
- Reflections on Nautical Heritage
- British Columbia Heritage
Looking for more? Search for Articles on the Nauticapedia Site.
Nauticapedia PublicationsThe Nauticapedia List of British Columbia’s Floating Heritage (Volume One 1892–1959)
ISBN # 978-0-9936954-0-7
01/04/2014 Published in April 2014, Volume One is 240 pages, lists the histories of 1,170 of British Columbia ships and boats built before 1960 – that are still afloat – some over 120 years old! These are the most comprehensive histories of ships afloat published in British Columbia and are an ideal handy reference to information that can only otherwise be accessed by detailed research in museums and archives. Carry it in the boat, in the car or use as a handy reference at home. It also fills the gap left when the Canada List of Shipping ceased printing hard copies.
The Nauticapedia List of British Columbia’s Floating Heritage (Volume Two 1960–1965)
ISBN # 978-0-9936954-1-4
01/06/2014 Published in July 2014, Volume Two is 240 pages, and lists the histories of 1,150 of British Columbia ships and boats built between 1960 and 1965 – that are still afloat. The history and pedigree of each vessel provides a fascinating snapshot of the nautical and industrial history of British Columbia. Each vessel is an exemplar of the builder’s craftsmanship, the designer’s vision, and the activities of the owners over the years. The books are interesting handy references for ship watchers, historians, armchair explorers and family genealogists.
The Nauticapedia List of British Columbia’s Floating Heritage (Volume Three 1966–1970)
ISBN # 978-0-9936954-2-1
15/08/2014 Published in August 2014 Volume Three in 212 pages, and lists 1,200 of British Columbia ships and boats built between 1966 and 1970 – that are still afloat. About 85 of the vessels are illustrated with photographs. The ships are great representatives of working vessels, fishing vessels and yachts and provide the answer to the question "what’s the story on that boat over there!"
Enquire at these fine book stores for availability:
- Munro’s Books (Victoria B.C. (250) 382–2464)
- Royal British Columbia Museum Gift Shop (Victoria B.C. (250) 356–7226)
- Gulf of Georgia Cannery N.H.S. Gift Shop (Steveston B.C. (604) 664–9009)
- Black Bond Book Stores (11 store outlets throughout the Metro Vancouver Region (604) 536–4444)
- Nanaimo Harbour Ship Chandler (Nanaimo B.C. (250) 753–2425)
LOWER MAINLAND of B.C.
CENTRAL VANCOUVER ISLAND
New Nauticapedia Book Just Published!
Volume Four in series
The Nauticapedia List of British Columbia's Floating Heritage Volume Four
For more information …
Site News: March2nd, 2019
Databases have been updated and are now holding 56,584 vessel histories (with 5,550 images) and 58,184 mariner biographies (with 3,673 images).